A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

it's my birthday time...FOR A LONG TIME

this year, i've decided that i'm to celebrate my birthday right now.

yep, starting at this very moment. yes, beginning at april 11.

but you ask, "dell, isn't your birthday in september?"

and i ask you, "what is your point?"

i used to laugh at people who celebrated their birthday for crazy amounts of time. but then i thought about it. why SHOULDN'T i celebrate life, especially my own? i'll only be this age once. let's ride it til the wheels fall off! besides, the hebrews in the bible had a feast for everything. i argue that my decision to hijack the calendar for my birthday is biblical.

let's just consider this time as the pre-game! yes, the spring and summer seasons will be officially known as the warm up to my birthday. that's right, spring and summer are on the house! i don't know what to say for the southern hemisphere, but it's warm all the time there.

the actual day of my break though into the world will actually be a low key day. eating. laughing. and then the after parties will start! the last day of celebration will be christmas. we'll stop there, because new year's day was never that important to me. my birthday is my new year!

so you have any interesting birthday rituals? if so, share! oh and make sure they don't clash with my dates. they are already booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment