A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Monday, February 22, 2010

"Why hello, limits. I didn't see you sitting there."

today is day 7 of the insanity workout for me.  it's been going well so far.  and yes, it really is insane.

i thought they were being a little extra when folks were saying that they were winded just getting through the warm-up.  how hard could that be, i thought to myself.

very hard, it seems.

i found myself gasping for breath for most of the 9 minute warm-up.  you do about 7 moves for about 45 seconds each.  then you do them all again...but faster.  and if that wasn't enough...you do the the circuit a third time...even faster.

i was dripping sweat in such a way that someone might've thought that i got caught in the rain.  i was pretty spent.  then i looked at the countdown clock on the screen.  20:46 left to go.  it really was just the warm-up.

i pushed on though.  all week.  falling.  screaming.  wondering why i was doing this.  then, something amazing happened.

I got through the warm-up without stopping.  

i was elated.  i climbed a mountain!  i was so proud of myself...until today.

the work-out almost destroyed me.  i got through the warm-up but the rest of the dvd i struggled through.  i had to press pause to collect what little of my self i could gather.  i was thoroughly humbled.  i had a front on collision with my limits...and they didn't give.

how rude!  it's like they just stood there in my way, those blasted limits!  didn't they see me coming?  then i realized that my limits where there all the time.  but, like a novice driver, i just ignored the realities and hit the gas.  but then i thought of how often i don't keep my own limits in view.  often, what i can do keeps me from what god will do in my life.  i have so many options.  so many choices.  the sky is limit.

it's not.  we all have limits...and i think once we realize that they are there, we won't crash into as often.  we'll be able to pump our breaks before we wreck ourselves.  but still approach those limits.  don't be afraid of them.  just allow god to take you pass them...or through them.  the whole limits thing was his idea anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment