A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Friday, February 12, 2010

my checkpoints

today's lesson:  the decisions you make in life may not please everyone.  but your job ISN'T to please everyone.  it's to first do what god wants.  then be responsible to your obligations and/or things that need your direct attention.  after that...have a ball!!


this is what i try to remind myself as i move forward.  god is the first person that the filter goes through. are my decisions lined up with the word?  is there something that god wants to add to my thinking?  this step can (and usually does) involve asking folks that know me and can speak into my life.


once we pass that level, i tend to make sure that my actions aren't going to directly impact someone for the worst.  just because i can do something, doesn't mean that it's the best thing to do.  or the best time to do.  or the best place.  even if god said "go to africa," i can't just leave my job w/o two weeks notice, or preach all the time w/o talking to my family.  if my house is in order, great.  if not, how can i arrange myself so that i can make my move with the minimum amount of damage around me.


after that...i'm done.  god has been consulted.  wisdom has been sought and implemented from the correct folks.  responsibilities handled.  time to do what i've decided.  whatever that is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment