A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

dell+no rest= danger

throughout the self-discovery journey that i've embarked upon these past few months, i've learned some really cool things about myself. i've also learned some interesting (i.e. not so cool) things as well.  i've learned more about what makes me tick, and that's what's really important.

one of the main things that keeps me going is SLEEP!  i need to have a consistent amount of rest.  if i don't, then i really get weak.  physically weak.  emotionally weak.  spiritually weak.  it's like all my defenses go down.  as i reflect back on some bad or impulsive choices that i've made, i realized that a good number of them took place when i was tired. 

i'm also much more suspectible to noise when i'm tired.  keep in mind, i hear most things that are going on around me anyway.  when i'm rested, i can tune a lot of stuff out.  but when i'm not, all the stimuli is too much.  bright sights, loud sounds...it's too much to handle.  that, in turn, causes me to be irritable.  and since i'm tired...the likelihood that i'll say something "colorful" increase exponentially. 

i cussed out my fried rice today (like, literally cussed out) because it fell on my bed (yes, it fell. all by itself).  that's when i realized that i should probably take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment