A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

going home again...

after being back in the dmv for a few days, i can finally say that i'm beginning to get adjusted again.  but things are not the same as when i left.  i think after i reconnected with my family, i just would rather be back there. i felt like this when i left jersey to come here.  i was done with everything.  i knew that my growth had completed in everything i was doing at that time.  if i didn't leave, i wouldn't have grown.  now, i've changed.  things have changed.  i miss my family.  if i had my perfect way, and if things where conducive to my progress, i would return to nj.

the stipulations of my return to nj:

1. finish my degree.  so clearly i'm not returning for a least two years
2. a job and my own place.  i am NOT returning to 2nd avenue unless i'm moving into the house BY MYSELF! amen? AMEN!

those are the things that would make it okay for me to come back to the garden state.  now, ministry-wise, i would honestly like to pastor in jersey.  ultimately, the goals and vision that i have for ministry are being done here already.  i hate ministry overlaps.  i can't see starting what i want to do here.  i would just join the places that are doing it here already.  but i feel a leading to be a leader in this regard.  so, i'm praying about it.  to my knowledge, there isn't anything that looks like what i want to do in jersey.  so let's see what happens.

honestly, i would just like to be in a position where i could foster closer relationships with my family.  sometimes it's hard to do that over the phone.  you must be there.  is it possible that the clock is counting down on my time in the dmv??? only time will tell.  but from the blog you can already tell what my opinion is...

No comments:

Post a Comment