A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

quiet and peace :-)

i just have a need to be quiet.

i'm sitting here typing this blog as a break from doing homework.  i'm current in delaware at the MAR retreat with ANQ.  i'm pretty sure that it's going to be great.  however, for a large chunk of friday night i've decided to sit here with my trusty laptop and crank out some much needed homework, since i have my first round of exams due this coming week.  i know that i won't get anything done tomorrow or sunday, so i needed to steal this time.

i actually did make some progress, which is good.  i started my case study and i have a pretty solid outline for my short essay in another class.  it was a good move for me to come up here and do some work.  however, i must admit that i enjoy the quiet.  i just need quiet sometimes.  peace is actually more like it.  just to connect, reflect, and rejuvenate.  with god and myself. especially if i have a day where it was filled with all types of stimuli (like today), i really just need the chance to breathe. 


at some point today (since i'm sure people won't be going to sleep), i'll reconnect with everyone.  but i know at some point my room will be filled with random conversations, pseudo-arguments, and other stimuli that i consistently have trouble blocking out. and that i probably could care less about since i've probably heard it all before. so for now i'll just enjoy the peace and smile :-)  and maybe do a little more of this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment