A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Just like you...But living like Him

all of the parts of me
the parts you don't see
or, should i say, the parts you ignore

i'm a lot like you in so many ways
don't mistake my spirituality for a lack of humanity
in reality being in touch with Him make me more me

i feel, i long, i yearn, i crave
the thrill of success
the rush of a challenge
the tenderness of a kiss
the warmth of an embrace

memories of times and events
issues now stemming from situations past since
hungers from deep inside
not bad, but they can definitely pull a brother aside

all are things that have passed through my life
leaving a residue on my psyche
you would think that it would be plain to the eye to see
yet you refuse to see
that i'm just an ordinary person...

...except i DO know which way to go
straight to God, i don't want to simply
want to be ruled by my passions
but i want my life to an example of what
His passion can produce

a man standing strong in truth
utterly human yet exuding the divine
look into my eyes and see His heart
intertwined with my Father
my life groovin' to heaven's rhymes

but i'm really just like you
and i'm doing what you can do
i'm human just like you
but i'm being a human just like Him

No comments:

Post a Comment