A transcription of my adventures. Definitely worth a read!!!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

comfortable in sneakers

"do you realize that if you came to me and said that you were getting married, i would give you holy hell.?

"why?"

"because you are a very young man!  you aren't a child...but you have a lot of life ahead of you! you are developing in every way.  you're suppose to grow.  you're suppose to change."

there's so much potential in my life.


i feel like i'm growing and expanding.  at times it's overwhelming, because i don't exactly know what i'm becoming.  at others it fills my heart with joy.  through it all, i notice a burgeoning sense of confidence in myself.  i'm becoming more comfortable with me.

oddly enough, one of the cool ways that i like to express myself is through clothes.  especially sneakers.  true, all we need is another young african american male obsessed with shoes, but it's really a good thing for me.  i'm just learning to express myself in all the various ways that are available to me.  learning how to be myself, in Christ.  doing what Christ says, and after i've accomplished that...doing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment